Thursday 17 September 2009

The River's Last Breath

Sometimes I wish these acts were not committed
I only look back with unforgivable remorse
What I did then is unpardonable, nevertheless,
I acted upon them

I have got to forgive myself of this stupidity
Life’s don’ts, I have acquired plenty into my bucket
Of mistakes...and now it’s filled up with so much regrets
Oh!! the youthful times – I lived a weak mind

I guess there are no short cuts in life
And every gap has to be filled with tears...
Of joy or of sadness – my river’s passage
Had slithered through waves of little tests

And now, I am coming to the end of my run
So as I take my final gasp of air in past memories -
Along the banks of 'should-haves' and 'could-haves'
Along the banks of 'had I knowns' and 'it's too lates'

I embrace the fullness of the ocean
And she warmly welcomes me after a long trip
The beginning of a new chapter - takes its abode
In the comfort of absolute freedom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Verses And Riddles by George Kwarteng(Simple Genius) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Based on a work at versesandriddles.blogspot.com.